- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 large pinch each of salt and black pepper
- 3-4 cups of lettuce, washed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh marjoram leaves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup of fresh mozzarella, chopped
- ¼ cup of pine nuts, pecans or walnuts, chopped
Knife, cutting board, measuring cup, measuring spoons, 1-cup jar with a lid, large bowl
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar, screw on lid and shake vigorously. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl, pour dressing on top and toss until the salad is lightly coated.