Yield: 3 servings Time: 15 minutes
Chocolate won’t cling to moisture. Invite friends over for a chocolate fondue party! Melt a whole package of chocolate chips and have lots of strawberries, banana slices and biscotti cookies to dip in the chocolate. Be sure to dry strawberries after washing them.
1 pint strawberries, washed, carefully dried, stems intact
2 cups of chocolate chips
Double boiler; clean dishcloth; wood skewers (optional); parchment paper
- Fill the bottom part of the double boiler half full with water and place on medium heat.
- Place most of chocolate chips in the top of the double boiler, set it on the bottom part and turn the heat down to the lowest setting.
- Stir chocolate chips with a spoon to help them melt. Scrape and mix melted chocolate from bottom of the pan and mix with the unmelted chips. Be patient; melting chocolate is a slow, gradual process. Stir in the remainder chocolate chips to cool the mixture- don’t let it burn!
- Once the chocolate has melted, hold each strawberry by the stem or a wood skewer and dip them in the chocolate.
- Let the strawberries cool on parchment paper or eat immediately.